Infant Massage Workshop
February 18th, 2:00p
What is Infant Massage?
Infant massage is a way to utilize touch to create a stronger connection with your baby. It is a form of touch can help babies grow more quickly and soundly, exhibit more playfulness and less fear, tolerate stress better, and have stronger immune systems. We will discuss these and many other benefits of infant massage in the workshop.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- The basics of infant massage
- How to bond with your baby through touch
- The importance of touch in developing the brain
- How to talk to your baby to enhance optimal brain development
- To better understand the ways that your baby signals his/her needs
- Special colic massage
- Bonding for foster/adopt families*
- Special considerations for premature or alcohol/substance-exposed babies*
*Covered in foster/adopt specific workshop only
Who Can Attend?
Parents/caregivers with their babies (ideally 1-12 months old). We highly encourage you to bring anyone in your baby’s lives (friends, family, etc). If you are not able to bring your/the baby you can still attend with a doll to practice on, however it is ideal to have the baby with you.
Julia Tucker, LCSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who specializes in working with children 0-5yrs old. Julia is endorsed by the State of California as an Infant Mental Health Specialist and is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor.